Mr. Musk’s Acquisition of Twitter is a King of Kings Play in Category Creation. Here are 5 ways Twitter can be Weaponized:
Mr. Musk is the Endless Idea Commander.
1. Categories that Attract each other vs those that Repel each Other
Twitter is a whirlwind of changing niches backed by bio updates.
Users change them constantly till they find what works. Many even pick new categories that connect with their old ones to amplify their audience.
Twitter is the ultimate category manufacturing factory. Mr. Musk now can see which categories really work!
2. Viewing Everyone’s Goals on One Screen
Big Accounts see their goals go on steroids.
Imagine seeing what all big accounts are vying for — through a series of questions and posts.
The goals of others can tell us what are the best business ideas to execute at that moment in time.
3. Foresight on the most effective Idea + Execution Plays with Data
Twitter is full of conceptualization to success posts -
- Someone posts a new idea that will be tested
- They write a post with data giving the results of success
Now imagine seeing all of these Proof of Concepts in one go — a feedback loop on steroids for adjacent business
4. Talent Finding Master — A look at rising Twitter Talent before they grow
Many Twitter creators with small audiences are way ahead of their time.
These will be the founders of tomorrow’s digital businesses. VCs also love Twitter so they can find these nuggets.
Imagine seeing such talent before they rise.
5. Defending Tesla and SpaceX
Giga Shanghai and SpaceX are dependent on China and NASA.
Twitter is still the voice of the rich and mighty. Despite its restrictions — there is no global voice like it.
That will always command respect from governments.
Mr. Musk will be the ultimate Category God and Content Lord.
Read this post and more on my Typeshare Social Blog