Camera is the New Sensor
Gone are the days when we used to struggle with data capture
- When we had to watch through hours of footage to find where someone went
- When we couldn’t even measure the duration of each step
- When we needed fire sensors in all buildings
The Camera is Turning into the Eagle Eye — Every Detail is Being Processed
Technology is deflationary to prices and cameras are no exception. We are seeing a new layer of business models — where the one who controls the camera is in the best position to run operations.
Imagine a scenario -
You are running a grocery store. You have selected a camera partner and put up one brand of cameras across the entire store.
Those cameras have a layer of analytics and are now able to see all the prime locations of the store and collect immense amounts of raw data that even you didn’t even know
The partner knows -
- A high-demand item is about to run out of stock & a customer who wants to buy it has entered
- How much time each customer is spending at the checkout counter
- How many people are entering and exiting the store each minute
- The fastest truck unloading time and method of unloading
The partner has more insight into every layer of your grocery store operations than you have ever had.
Now the Camera Partner who Controls the Analytics can Run _____ Operations as a Service
There is a fundamental shift happening in organizations:
- Camera Partners who process and compute data are becoming more important than ever to operations
- The Security functions that place the cameras in optimal locations are key partners to operations if they want to drive efficiency
- Camera partners will have the chance to create business adjacencies with sector-specific video analytics
All this changes the paradigm of running business operations. Now all teams must be savvy with camera analytics data to be effective.
Hello Industrial Snapchat?
Read this post and more on my Typeshare Social Blog